Pain is a very real part of our human experience. Whether the pain is a response to a something as simple as a stubbed toe, or something a bit more serious like a broken bone, pain serves as warning signal for our bodies. It alerts us and tells us when something is not quite right.
Doctors often used the terms acute or chronic to describe two different types of pain.
In most cases, chronic pain is a response to a condition within the body and may increase over time. To demonstrate the difference between these types of pain, consider the body’s response to a broken bone. The pain usually occurs immediately after the incident, can be extremely intense, but will often lessen once treatment is received. On the other hand, the intensity of chronic pain may actually increase over time.
Chronic pain may have many causes including conditions like arthritis, or fibromyalgia.
As a Chiropractor in Garland, TX, I understand the challenges people face when dealing with chronic pain. Many of my Garland Chiropractic patients find that their chronic pain affects every aspect of their lives – from work to family life.
Although traditional medicines often resort to pain pills to manage pain, many of my patients find the side effects disturbing. It can be difficult to deal with the feelings of fatigue, dizziness, and nausea that often accompany these drugs. That’s why so many Garland residents have come to my office looking for a drug free way to treat chronic pain. Chiropractic treatment has helped many of these people get back on their feet.
Although there is no solution that’s right for every patient, our chiropractor has pioneered safe and natural ways for our Garland, Texas residents to get help. Here are just a few of the techniques that can help you or a loved one find relief from pain.
- Chiropractic Treatment – Misalignments of the spine can cause hidden pain. Gentle chiropractic adjustments can help the body and nervous system communicate more effectively.
- Exercise – Targeted exercise can help you increase joint flexibility, reduce pain and regain mobility.
- Chiropractic Laser Therapy – This state-of-art therapy can decrease inflammation, increase blood flow and speed up healing. Treatments are quick, easy and pain-free.
- Spinal Decompression Therapy – If your pain is the result of a herniated disc or other back problem, our computerized therapy could offer dramatic relief.
- Nutritional Supplements and Homeopathy – Many natural supplements can reduce inflammation safely and without side effects and homeopathy can provide an analgesic effect without harming the kidneys or livers
To further improve the benefits from your natural pain relief treatment, consider adding Yoga and meditation to your daily regimen. Research shows that a treatment plan that incorporates physical therapies along with psychological therapy will boost the likelihood of success.
PS. Don’t forget to check out our new patient special!