Bad posture is one of the unfortunate results of a modern lifestyle. We sit working for hours at our computer screens, hunch over our cell phones and sit watching endless TV programs. Eventually, most of us will suffer from some sort of problem as the bones in our back and neck become misaligned after long periods spent in unhealthy positions. These bones are called vertebrae and one of their functions is to protect the nerves that run through them. When the vertebrae go out of alignment they put pressure on these nerves and reduce their ability to function properly. One of the first signs of a misaligned back is neck or back pain. Other joints in your body can also suffer from similar problems.
The main role of a chiropractor is to keep your vertebrae in healthy alignment and reduce the problems that can occur. There are many ways that a chiropractor can help your well being, but I want to focus here on 5 important ways a chiropractor can help you feel your best.
1. Chiropractic care can alleviate pain quickly. It helps free up and relax muscles and joints that have become frozen and unable to function properly. Nerves that have become pinched in these misaligned joints can then relax, allowing for significant pain reduction.
2. Chiropractic treatment can improve the function of your immune system. Your body interacts in a complex way. Whenever any part of your body is not functioning well, the rest of your body is also affected. When nerves in your spine are under pressure, the function that they control in your body is impaired as well. Your immune system is connected intimately with your nervous system and it benefits your spine is correctly aligned. Your chiropractor can help.
3. Chiropractic care has been shown to result in more satisfied customers than those treated in hospitals. A three-year study in 1995 reported by the British Medical Journal, studied 741 people with low back pain. These people sought treatment from either a chiropractor or from hospital outpatient treatment. Their ages ranged from 18 to 64 years and it involved both men and women. At the end of the three-year study, it was found that those who received regular chiropractic treatment found more benefit in their treatment and were more satisfied with the outcome than those patients who attended the hospital outpatient clinics.
Chiropractic care can also reduce your need for pain relief medication. This allows you to reduce the chance of any unpleasant side effects that these medications can give.
4. Chiropractic treatment can help reduce stress and depression. When you’re in pain and unable to move freely it can quickly become stressful and get in the way of your ability to function at school or work. It can also get in the way of personal relationships as you become more irritable. Compound this with difficulty sleeping due to discomfort, and your ability to cope is further lowered. As soon as you’re able to start a regimen of chiropractic care, you should see a reduction in stress levels and an improvement in your ability to function as a whole.
5. Chiropractic treatment is non-invasive and can treat both old and recent problems. Chiropractic care aims to help your body heal itself naturally. It does not rely on medication or surgical intervention to achieve this goal. While it is helpful to seek treatment as early as possible, treatment can be very helpful for long standing problems as well. Most people benefit from “maintenance” to deal with the general ‘wear and tear’ their bodies face over time. Regular appointments will also keep your boss happy as you’ll be less like to miss work days!
What to expect when you see our garland chiropractor for the first time
Texas Spine and Wellness is an integrated clinic where our team of health professionals work together as a team. Within our Garland chiropractic clinic, you’ll have access to the finest care with services ranging from exercise rehab and therapeutic massage to advanced solutions for knee and shoulder pain. Our team includes a medical doctor, chiropractors, a nurse practitioner, exercise physiologists and licensed massage therapists.
In short, our staff is fully equipped to help you regain strength, and range of motion while decreasing any pain you’re having. If you would like to learn about the many ways the staff at Texas Spine & Wellness can help you feel your best, contact our office at (972) 840-2520.